Powerful 2-component (2K-PU) plastic adhesive. For bonding and repairing of plastic parts. Cartridge of 50 ml with 2 mixing tips.
2K Plastic Repair 1.5 minutes fast curing. Powerful 2-component (2K-PU) plastic adhesive.
For all-purpose structural bonding of plastic parts. Resistant to exposure to elevated temperature, moisture, fuel, many solvents and chemicals. For small and medium sizes repairs with durable bonding and repair jobs.
Benefits of 2K Plastic Repair 1.5 minutes
- Sandable in 10 minutes!
- Excellent adhesion on most plastics
- No smell
- Fast cure
- Excellent gap filling properties
- Cure response is NOT depending on the thickness of the applied adhesive as with most other
- Polyurethane systems
- Easy to sand
- Stays flexible even under cooler conditions
Technical features of 2K Plastic Repair 1.5 minutes
- Colour: Black
- Packing: 50 ml
- Packing unit: 6 pieces per box
- Store: Cool and dry, between +15°C and +32°C; (After opening leave the used mixer tip attached to ensure sealing from humidity, remainder can still be used).
- Shelf life: 24 months
- Open time*: 1.5 minutes
- Handling time: 5 minutes
- Sanding time: 10 minutes
- Paint time: 10 minutes (* at 23°C)
- Cure: Ambient or heat accelerated cure (max 120°C)
- Optimum Bondline Thickness: 0.5 mm to 1.5 mm
- Maximum Bondline Thickness: ± 5 mm
- Paint Bake: max 150°C
- Tensile strength: MPa @ 23°C 26 (ASTM D-638)
- Young's Modulus: MPa @ 23ºC 1102 (ASTM D-638)
- Elongation: % 65 (ASTM D-638)
- Shore Hardness D: 69 (ASTM D-2240)
- Shrinkage %: <1.0 (ASTM C-733)
Application of 2K Plastic Repair 1.5 minutes
- Small - medium sized repairs
- Repair a variety of plastic interior and exterior parts
- Structural and cosmetic repair of bumpers, panel clips, radiator grills, headlights brackets etc.
- Cure response is NOT depending on the thickness of the applied adhesive as with most other Polyurethane systems
- In any industry where a fast strong bond is demanded
- Excellent bond of many different substrates like plastics, metal, GRP, ceramics, wood etc.
- The surface has to be clean, and free of dust, oil and grease
Substrate Preperation and processing of 2K Plastic Repair 1.5 minutes
- Attach the Mixer Tip on top
- Press out some product (± 25 – 50 mm) To make sure that the product is properly mixed
- Pull the trigger of the 2K Manual Gun at a constant force for an even layer of adhesive
- Make sure that the top of the Mixer Tip is always in the product, this prevents air from enclosing in the adhesive. Which will form air bubbles when applied
- When cured (read technical information) sand and refinish when needed
- After finishing leave the mixer tip in place
- When using again, remove the mixer tip. Carefully clean the cartridge nozzle. (The products in the two chambers must be cleanly separated.) Attach a new mixer tip and start a new job
- Paintability: Paintable with the most car repair 1K and 2K paints. Due to the diversity of varnishes and paints we recommend preliminary tests
Safety data sheet according to Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006, Annex II