Powerful 2-component (2K-PU) plastic adhesive. For bonding and repairing of plastic parts. Cartridge of 50 ml with 2 mixing tips.
2K Plastic Repair 5 minutes slow curing. Powerful 2-component (2K-PU) plastic adhesive.
For all-purpose structural bonding of plastic parts. For both small and medium sized repairs. Can be used on light colored or transparent plastic parts. Resistant to exposure to elevated temperature, moisture, fuel, many solvents and chemicals.
Benefits of 2K Plastic Repair 5 minutes
- One product for structural bonding, filling and repairing
- Work time suitable for medium sized repairs of cracks and holes in bumpers
- Faster and stronger than plastic welding and stapling
- No smell
- Superior ambient cure
- Excellent gap filling properties
- Cure response is NOT depending on the thickness of the applied adhesive as with most other Polyurethane systems
- Stays flexible even under cooler conditions
Technical features of 2K Plastic Repair 5 minutes
- Colour: Transparent
- Packing: 50 ml
- Packing unit: 6 pieces per box.
- Store: Cool and dry, between +15°C and +32°C; (After opening leave the used mixer tip attached to ensure sealing from humidity, remainder can still be used.)
- Shelf life: 24 months
- Open time: 5 minutes
- Handling time: 20 minutes
- Paint time: 45 minutes (* at 23°C)
- Cure: Ambient or heat accelerated cure (max 120°C)
- Optimum Bondline Thickness: 0.5 mm to 1.5 mm
- Maximum Bondline Thickness: ± 5 mm
Application of 2K Plastic Repair 5 minutes
- Light coloured or transparent plastic parts.
- Bonds, fills and repairs small to medium sized cracks and holes in plastic bumpers and spoilers.
- Structural and cosmetic repairs of a variety of plastic parts.
- Any industry where a fast strong bond is demanded.
- Also, excellent bond of many different substrates like plastics, metal, GRP, ceramics, wood etc.
Substrate Preparation and processing of 2K Plastic Repair 5 minutes
- The surface has to be clean, and free of dust, oil and grease.
- Attach the Mixer Tip on top.
- Press out some product (± 25 – 50 mm) To make sure that the product is properly mixed.
- Pull the trigger of the 2K Manual Gun at a constant force for an even layer of adhesive.
- Make sure that the top of the Mixer Tip is always in the product, this prevents air from enclosing in the adhesive. Which will form air bubbles when applied.
- When cured (see technical information) sand and refinish when needed.
- After finishing leave the mixer tip in place.
- When using again, remove the mixer tip. Carefully clean the cartridge nozzle. (The products in the two chambers must be cleanly separated.) Attach a new mixer tip and start a new job.
- Paintability: Paintable with the most car repair 1K and 2K paints. Due to the diversity of varnishes and paints we recommend preliminary tests.
Safety data of 2K Plastic Repair 5 minutes
Safety data sheet according to Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006, Annex II